CAMELLIA ESTATE Tea & Scandal
Tea & Scandal
January is National Hot Tea Month
Celebrate with a good book from Gail Pallotta
and a cup of tea with Camellia Estate teas.
Buy one of Gails Books and one of Camellia Estate tea mug with strainer = one of Camellia Estate grey tea bags FREE.(A $6.95 value)
TEA TASTING Events
First Friday, January 8th 6pm till 8:30pm TEA TASTING
Taste our newest tea.
Saturday, January 30th TEA BLENDING WORKSHOP &
TEA LEAF READING(this is additional $1.00 per minute)
11am till 2pm
Make 3, 1oz personal teas.
562 Wylie Road SE, Suite 24
Marietta GA 30067
Keeping it GourmetBlueberry Scones
2 cups Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in blueberries.
3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
4. Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together.)
5. Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. of sugar. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 large scones.
Serve Blueberry Verde as Tea Tasting compliment.
Start your NEW YEAR off successfully
TEA LEAF Reading Event.
Book your event TODAY!
Begin your Agatha Christie Movie Club
Here is a great one to start your sleuthing.
Tea and Murder
with Agatha ChristieThe Sittaford Mystery
The death of the presumptive
future PM is predicted during a séance in a snowbound country hotel and, not surprisingly, he is found stabbed to death the next morning.
The Sittaford Mystery is a work of detective fiction by Agatha Christie, first published in the US by Dodd, Mead and Company in 1931 under the title of
The Murder at Hazelmoor and in UK by the Collins Crime Club on 7 September of the same year under Christie's original title. It is the first Christie novel to be given a different title for the US market.
If you are a fan of Timothy Dalton, Lawrence Fox or James Murray this is the Miss Marple to watch for all three cuties.
Serve Moonstruck Tea for Tea Tasting
Snowed in with
Hosting a tea tasting party is a fun, easy and healthy way to enjoy the company of good friends while learning about tea and experimenting with new blends. These simple tips will provide practical steps for hosting the perfect tea tasting experience.
Basics of Tea Tasting 1 2 3
Evaluate the Tea’s Flavor Profile Similar to wine, tea is a drink full of flavor complexities and nuances.Tea is generally described as having a foreground (top note), middle ground, and background flavor. These three flavor dimensions come together to create the tea’s flavor profile.
Read More at Camellia Estate website.